The device looks little and light which makes you wonder what battery size does Fitbit zip uses. If your Fitbit device battery needs replacement, you will need to know the size of the battery you need to buy. Read on for information about what size battery for Fitbit zip and other awesome information you need about your Fitbit zip device.
So, What Size Battery For Fitbit Zip? The Fitbit Zip device uses a 3V coin CR205 battery. The battery is replaceable and is easy to find in the store(s) nearby.
Fitbit zip has a single power source which is its battery. This battery is not rechargeable unlike the battery of other Fitbit models. The battery can only be replaced.
Steps To Insert Or Replace The Battery Of You Fitbit?
- Step 1: Use the battery door tool provided with the device to unlock the battery door of the device. Simply insert the door tool into the back of the device and turn the door anticlockwise to remove it.
- Step 2: Insert the battery into the space provided by for it at the back of the device. Insert the battery with the positive side “+” facing up.
- Step 3: Pick up the battery door and fix it into its position once again. Make sure you align the arrow on the battery door with the icon that depicts “unlock”. Then, use the door tool to turn the device door clockwise. Turn it until the arrow aligns with the icon that depicts “lock”.
- Step 4: Watch out for the display on your device. It will display your zip version as well as some smiley which represents your activity level.
- Step 5: Begin setup of your device by using the wireless sync dongle. Plug it to the USB port of your computer and the device is ready for use.
Once the process is complete your tracker and personal mobile devices will communicate and share data with one another.
How Do You Set-up Fitbit Zip With Your Mobile Device?
- Make sure you have a phone that is compatible with the Fitbit app. You need an android, an iOS or Windows device to use the app.
- Download the Fitbit app from your mobile phone application provider. Google Play store for Andriod devices, the Apple store for iOS devices and Microsoft Windows Store for Windows devices.
- Install the app on your device
- Once the installation is complete, tap “Join Fitbit” to start the synchronization process. You will be taken through the process of creating a Fitbit account and paring your Zip to your device. The process is straight forward.
Can I Connect My Fitbit With My PC?
Yes, you can connect your Fitbit with your PC. However, the Fitbit app is only available for Windows 10 PC.
To install on your Windows 10 PC, simply log on to the Windows Store from your PC. Search for the Fitbit app and download the app. Open the app and follow the step by step guide to set up and synchronize your zip with your PC.
You can either connect your Fitbit using your computer Bluetooth or use the wireless sync dongle the came with your Fitbit Zip package.
Can The Battery of Fitbit HR And Other Models Be Replaced?
Yes, this is very possible with Fitbit HR and other models. Other Fitbit models have rechargeable batteries and they have a long life span. However, they can become dead and sometimes need replacement. This can be done with ease. The steps to replace the battery this is very simple though more sophisticated. Before we go into details of the steps, let’s make a list of the instrument you will need.
Instruments needed for the replacement include:
- New battery
- Torx screwdriver
- Plastic bits to separate the band
- Soldering iron
Steps to replace Fitbit battery;
- Step 1: Start the process by separating the band from its electronics case. Remove the 4 Torx screws behind the device.
- Step 2: Separate the housing from the side using plastic and your fingernails or two plastics. You need to do this with care. This is because the device is brisk. The housing can fracture if you apply too much force.
- Step 3: By now, you can see the circuit of the device. There are 2 Torx screws that hold the circuit. Remove these screws and remove the circuit board with care.
- Step 4: Remove the old battery and prepare to solder the new one into position. It is most appropriate to fix the circuit on a plane by taping while you solder. This is because the circuit board is small and might be difficult to handle.
- Step 5: When that is done, do a semi reassembly and test if it will work before you do a complete reassemble by re-fixing the screws into position.
If you think this process is too difficult, you can send them to the repair store to be replaced by a professional.
For How Long Does A Fitbit Battery Last?
The expected lifespan of a Fitbit zip battery is about 6 months of regular use. When fully charged, it is expected to work for 2 to 5 days between charges. The battery life of a dependent on usage and some other settings, therefore, result do vary. It is, however, not recommendable that you let the battery run out before you charge it.
What Do I Do If My Fitbit Device Is Not Charging?
If your Fitbit device isn’t charging, here is a list of things you can do;
- Do the cleaning of your chargers contacts
- Try using a different USB port to charge the device
- Reset your Fitbit device: do this by using a paperclip to press down a small pinhole on the back of the charger for few seconds.